Saturday, August 20, 2011

Watching Little Ones

I like watching children, especially the little ones. Gives me lots of practice for being a mom in the future. Of course getting payed is always nice but sometimes I think I have the most fun when I can just do it help out.
     Like yesterday, our neighbor across the street was having a yard sale so we went over check it out and see how it was going. As we were looking around we got talking to our neighbor's friend who was also selling things. She happened to be a young mom with two little girls who, having been homeschooled herself, talked to Mom for awhile about that.
     Her youngest one (who is 13 months) was napping but the older one (who is two and a half I think) was running around putting dirt and acorns in a small pot so I helped her find some more acorns and ended up playing/ watching her the rest of the morning so her mom could focus on selling things. We had soooo much fun filling her little pockets with acorns (our neighbor now has significantly less), playing with the toys her mom brought for her, and (when we were "tired") we would flop down in the grass and take a "nap" till one of us yelled "Wake up!". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to add your thoughts here... Thank you!